What is REST API?
REST API is an ultra-flexible web-based API that makes use of a WebSocket connection. Traders and developers can utilize the API by retrieving historical data for backtesting, receive real-time market data updates, and place trades. Calls can be made in any language that supports a standard HTTP, and with the use of the socket.io library, the API is able to push data in JSON format.
Why REST API?
- Use FXCM Account credentials to log into the HTML5 Trading Station Web platform and generate your API Token
- If you do not have an FXCM Account, you may set up a demo account or live account
- The complete documentation of the REST API is available
- The FXCM GitHub offers sample code for Python and Java
- For all other inquires, reach out to FXCM’s dedicated API team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Risk Warning: The FXCM Group does not guarantee accuracy and will not accept liability for any loss or damage which arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on information contained within the webinars. The FXCM Group may provide general commentary which is not intended as investment advice and must not be construed as such. FX/CFD trading carries a risk of losses in excess of your deposited funds and may not be suitable for all investors. Please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.